Missoula’s first street car ran in 1890 and consisted of a covered cart with seating, pulled by a team of horses. On May 11, 1910, the first electrical trolley began service in Missoula. The Missoula Street Railway Company operated the trolley until 1924 when it was sold to the Missoula Public Service Company. In 1928, the Missoula Public Service Company was sold to the Montana Power Company which continued to operate the trolley until 1932. The Missoula trolley made its last run on January 24, 1932. At its height, the trolley operated ten cars on twenty-one miles of track.