Browse Exhibits (1 total)

The History of the Student Union

Copy of Kaimin, 10-01-35, Pg 4.jpg

In the fall of 1935, the first official student union building at the University of Montana-Missoula opened. Twenty years later, in 1955, a larger student union, called the Lodge opened. In 1968, the University Center that we know today opened replacing the Lodge. This exhibit illustrates the history of the university’s three student union buildings and features a selection of photographs, pamphlets and architectural drawings. All materials are from Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, University of Montana-Missoula. Comments and questions regarding the exhibit can be sent to

, ,